Are you, US BlackBerry fan, ready for the new OS 7? A few months back, RIM has announced the new OS for upcoming BB devices for this year. Finally, those devices have already been released, but only in Canada. For the US customer, we will have to wait a lithe longer.. maybe this week or the end of this month? Let’s take quick look what these new devices are!
From left to right:
- BlackBerry Torch 9810
- BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930
- BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860
Which device does capture my interest the most? Of course, the Bold Touch 9900!! Although I’m an iPhone user now, I always miss the BB keyboard. This Bold is very special- not because of the nice and big keyboard, but the touchscreen! How cool is that? All the devices received good reviews. Their browsers are more responsive and the devices are pretty quick too. So far I like what I read, but at the same time I’m very disappointed because of Bold’s lack of the autofocus. Yuck! All the new cellphone devices come with better camera, but why BB goes backward??!!??
Take a look at the unboxing video below.
[youtube width="500" height="350" video_id="KJY-NSqAV_w"]
เป็นแบบกอล์ฟบ้างไหม เวลาไปเดินซื้อของ หรือเดินเล่นตามร้านต่างๆ หรือไม่ก็ฟังเพลงในวิทยุ แล้วแบบว่า อยากรุ้ว่าใครร้องเพลงนี้ เพลงนี้ชื่อเพลงอะไร
ใช้ Shazam สิครับ สนุกสนานมากมาย ดาวน์โหลดฟรีเวอร์ชั่นได้ที่ แอบเปิ้ล App Store ถ้าใครมี BlackBerry ก็ดาวน์โหลดฟรีได้เช่นกัน
วิธีใช้ก็ไม่อยากอะไรเลยนะ แค่กดปุ่ม Tag Now ปล่อยให้เพลงเล่นไปพักแป๊บเดียว รายละเอียดเกี่ยวกับตัวเพลงเช่น ชื่อนักร้อง ชื่ออัลบั้ม เป็นเพลงที่เท่าไหร่ในอัลบั้ม ออกมาเมื่อปีไหน นอกจากจะได้เห็นข้อมูลของเพลงแล้ว Shazam ยังเก็บข้อมูลให้เราไว้ด้วย อยู่ใน My Tags. ลองไปโหลดเล่นกันดูนะครับ
คุณคงสงสัย..แล้วคำว่า Shazam เนี่ยมันแปลว่าอะไร มันเป็นตัวละครนึงในการ์ตูนของ D.C. เป็นกัปตันมาร์เวล ซะด้วย จากข้อมูลอ้างอิง คนที่สร้างตัวละครนี้ขึ้นมาได้ชื่อมาจากการเอาอักษรตัวแรก ของชื่อเทพจ้ากรีก ทั้งหลายมารวมตัวกันไว้ ดังนี้
I haven’ t been updating my ring tones for a while. Now, it’s the time to pimp my BB’s ring tones.. hahaha. Here are my top 20 ring tones.
Please note that I DID NOT make these ring tones for sale, but rather share to you as entertaining purposes. Please DO NOT re-distribute or sale these ring tones. They have copy rights. If you like the song, please support the artists!!
To save a ring tone, Right-Click on DOWNLOAD and Save Target As…
- Do You Remember – Jay Sean
- คนธรรมดา – ชิน
- Somebody To Love
- Whatcha Say
- ดีอย่างไร (1) - ที Jetset’er
- ดีอย่างไร (2) - ที Jetset’er
- I Am – Mary J. Blige
- Rain – Creed
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z
- บังเอิญ โลกกลม พรหมลิขิต – ปั๊บ
- Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Buble
- Down - Jay Sean
- Meet Me Half Way – Black Eye Pea
- Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
- Bad Boys – Alexandra Burke
- Baby By Me – 50 Cent
- รักแท้…ยังไง – น้ำชา
- ฟิตหัวใจ – บี้
- The Climb – Miley Cyrus
- Love Drunk – Boys Like Girls
Love or hate them, please leave me a comment. I’m curious which ring tone you would like the most. Enjoy!!
As you can see, with dowdgetnward economy, only RIM (BlackBerry) and Apple seem to be doing well in the worldwide market share. Nokia is still sharing the largest while Samsung shares the least on the market.
In my opinion, BB never did well until the Bold and Curve came out. They hit a home for that!!
After making a brief appearance on the German T-Mobile website a week ago, RIM has finally made the BlackBerry Bold 9700 official. Also known as the Onyx, the device is an upgrade over the BlackBerry Bold 9000. This is the one that people have talked about the most and been waiting for!!
I read some rumors saying that it will be selling around mid November for $199 with 2-year contract.
The phone runs on the latest BlackBerry OS 5.0 and features the optical track pad – first seen on the Curve 8520. The phone will go on sale by November on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks in the US. Other country specific launches will be coming very soon.
Here’s a brief run down of the other features of the Onyx
Quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM connectivity
2100/1900/850/800 MHz or 2100/1700/900 UMTS/HSDPA connectivity
2.44 inch light-sensing display with 480 x 360 pixels
Highly tactile QWERTY keyboard
Wi-Fi with UMA (where available)
3.5mm headset jack
Access to BlackBerry App World
3.2 MP auto focus camera with variable zoom, flash and video recording
4.29 x 2.36 x 0.56 inches (109 x 60 x 14.1 mm)
Weight: (122 grams)
1500 mAh battery
Source: PC World
This is my first post that I wrote it through the WordPress for BlackBerry application.
I can post a picture too. This is awesome!!
For those who has a Twitter account, you shouldn’t miss this application for your BlackBerry. It’s called TwitterBerry. I have been using it for couple weeks now. It’s plain and easy to use. You should give it a try!
And.. for those who don’t know what is Twitter, please read here for more information.
This morning I just had discussed with Tar (a friend of mine in Bangkok) about iPhone versus BlackBerry. Which one is better or is the winner? Tar admitted that he is now rooting for the iPhone resort. So do I declare that I am taking on BlackBerry side… hahaha. We kept debating to each other. I admitted that I did not like any other BB’s models except the Curve. I do like the fact that iPhone offers more applications. But, for personal purpose of use, I still want to pick BlackBerry over the iPhone. I think there are a few things that I cannot live if I have to use an iPhone. But for Curve, it suits me well at this point.
Anyhow, to backup my vision and thoughts, I decide to blog about how well BlackBerry is doing in the market now. The news has confirmed that Research in Motion (RIM)’s BlackBerry is the one to beat. Yeahh…!
International Data Corp’s Mobile Phone Tracker data puts Research In Motion at more than half of the smartphone marketshare for the first quarter of 2009: that 55.3 percent share compared to a 19.5 percent share for Apple’s iPhones. That’s a dramatic surge from two quarters earlier, when BlackBerry devices hung on to 40.4 percent and Apple had 30.1 percent, according to IDC.
A recent survey by Yankee Group revealed that of 41 percent of Americans who planned to buy a smartphone for their next phone, half were planning on a BlackBerry — is versatility. Sure, BlackBerry phones have reliable features and an entire app store, BlackBerry App World. But where iPhones and other flashy smartphones are often tethered to one wireless carrier in the United States — iPhone is exclusively AT&T, for example — all of the major carriers support at least one BlackBerry.
Finally… the name of the new model for BlackBerry has been finalized. It has been announced that the new coming BlackBerry is called “Tour.”
So, what’s Tour? Tour is the combination of Bold and Curve (But more like Curve I think) How nice is that? Here is the summary of specification and key features: NOTE – the bad news is … NO WiFi!
- 3.2 MP camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization, autofocus and video recording(i)
- Full HTML web browser, including support for streaming audio and video (RTSP)
- Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music, a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and support for the Bluetooth(R) Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP)
- 256MB Flash memory
- Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting cards of up to 16 GB today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available
- Built-in GPS with support for geotagging, BlackBerry(R) Maps and other location based applications and services
- BlackBerry(R) Media Sync allows customers to quickly and easily synch music from iTunes(R) and Windows Media Player with the smartphone(ii)
- Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
- Preloaded DataViz(R) Documents to Go(R), allowing users to edit Microsoft(R) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
- Easy mobile access to Facebook(R), MySpace and Flickr(R), as well as popular instant messaging services including BlackBerry(R) Messenger, Yahoo!(R) IM, AIM(R), Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger(TM)
- Support for BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking & sharing, news & weather, and more
- BlackBerry(R) Internet Service allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server provides advanced security and IT administration features within IBM(R) Lotus(R) Domino(R), Microsoft(R) Exchange and Novell(R) GroupWise(R) environments
- Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery for 5 hours of talk time and 14 days of standby time
When will it be coming out? There is no launching date set at this time, but you can expect to see it during this SUMMER..
In the mean time, I’m looking forward to see Onyx – another coming BlackBerry model which is packed with all the nice features from Bold and Curve including 3G and WiFi too.