Synopsis: The Water Simulation was the first simulation that the Readiness Support had produced. The simulation allowed the learners to work through a problem-based scenario. The learners went through all the phases of the water distribution process based on the given scenario and decision-making points. The resource tools were provided as decision-making aids. The simulation was intended to enhance the learners’ knowledge and skills through pedagogical advisor and metacognitive strategy. The learners received a debriefing based on their performance at the end of training.
Target Audience: Water Team, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Served as Project Lead to design and develop the algorithm for the simulation
- Produced the storyboard
- Designed the program interface and developed the simulation using Macromedia Authorware
- Assisted in editing video and audio clips
- Developed graphics, animation, and other media files
- Designed and developed an assessment system for the simulation