Synopsis: Santa Fe College provided a number of services to students under the umbrella of Student Affairs. Student Affairs personnel were only trained in their specific service area and might be unable to answer students’ questions regarding their needs in other service areas and instead must refer students to other departments or to the College’s website. To improve the student customer service experience, Student Affairs personnel needed cross-training in each of the related service areas. Each of the service areas had identified key information relating to each area, which had been compiled by the Vice President for Student Affairs and needed to be adapted for instructional use in online training.
Offering the training in an online format will allow for maximum flexibility in scheduling and availability to both current and future personnel. I worked as an independent ID contractor for this project to design and develop online training materials using Adobe Captivate. I delivered these materials in the Learning Management System, Canvas, using adaptive release method and appropriate assessments.
Target Audience: Student Affairs personnel at Santa Fe College
- Conducted needs assessment
- Evaluated existing course content
- Implemented appropriate instructional strategies
- Designed the user interface
- Developed course materials and published them in a SCORM package
- Developed a course along with training materials and assessments in Canvas
- Conducting formative evaluation and quality assurance