Since I got my BlackBerry Curve 8900, I’ve become more a texting person. I would reply all my emails through BlackBerry, text SMS and MMS. Some might claim that the Curve keyboard is too small, but I think it’s OK for me. I have NO problem with it.
This morning I read the news about a texting competition arragned by L.G. National Texting Chapionship in New York on Tuesday. I used to hear about typing the typewriter contents before, but not texting contenst by using a ell phone. Surprisingly, a 15 year-old girl won the $50,000 grand prize. She claimed that she texted 500 messages a day!
There were all kinds of weird challenges. One of them was blindfolding while texting. Another round tested contestants’ basic of texting acronyms. And the end, it was a tiebreaker. Two girls had to text this text:
Zippity Dooo Dahh Zippity Ayy…MY oh MY, what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine Comin’ my way….Zippitty Do Dah Zippity Aay! WondeRful Feeling Wonderful day!”
The winner was Kate Moore of Des Moines, Iowa.
Congratulations!! Read more details about the news from CNN
One of my favorite HBO series now has to go to True Blood. I love the first season very much that I cannot miss the opening episode of Season 2 on Sunday. The EW reported that rating was sky-rocking.
According to HBO, the bloody good episode averaged 3.7 million viewers, making it the pay cable’s most watched original program since the series finale of The Sopranos two years ago. What’s more, the opener was up a staggering 157 percent over the season 1 premiere, and 51 percent over last November’s season finale.
If you dont’ know what True Blood is about. I will give you a short synopsis from True Blood Fansite.
Series Synopsis: In the not-too-distant future, vampires have come out of the coffin. Thanks to the invention of mass-produced synthetic blood, vampires no longer need humans for their fix, and can walk freely, if not yet quite comfortably, among their living counterparts – though they can still come out only at night. Meanwhile, in the backwoods Louisiana town of Bon Temps, Sookie Stackhouse works as a waitress at the down-home bar Merlotte’s. Though outwardly normal, she has unusual qualities of her own: Sookie can read people’s minds, which complicates her world in endless ways. But Sookie’s life gets a lot more interesting when Merlotte’s gets its first vampire patron – the 173-year-old Bill Compton – and the two outsiders are immediately drawn to each other. Mixing romance, suspense, mystery and humor, this new HBO series is created and executive produced by Alan Ball, creator of the Emmy®-winning HBO series “Six Feet Under.”
I just noticed that the price of MacBook Pro has been reduced. The new MacBook Pro comes with more options to choose with lower prices and better battery life. This is awesome!! I always dream to get one of MacBook Pro, but the price is always ridiculously expensive. Now, it looks like more affordable. The 13″ MacBook Pro looks nice!! 7-hours battery life sounds so GREAT!
For college students, Apple offers a free iPod Touch if you get a Mac too. What a deal!
Finally… the name of the new model for BlackBerry has been finalized. It has been announced that the new coming BlackBerry is called “Tour.”
So, what’s Tour? Tour is the combination of Bold and Curve (But more like Curve I think) How nice is that? Here is the summary of specification and key features: NOTE – the bad news is … NO WiFi!
- 3.2 MP camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization, autofocus and video recording(i)
- Full HTML web browser, including support for streaming audio and video (RTSP)
- Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music, a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and support for the Bluetooth(R) Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP)
- 256MB Flash memory
- Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting cards of up to 16 GB today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available
- Built-in GPS with support for geotagging, BlackBerry(R) Maps and other location based applications and services
- BlackBerry(R) Media Sync allows customers to quickly and easily synch music from iTunes(R) and Windows Media Player with the smartphone(ii)
- Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
- Preloaded DataViz(R) Documents to Go(R), allowing users to edit Microsoft(R) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
- Easy mobile access to Facebook(R), MySpace and Flickr(R), as well as popular instant messaging services including BlackBerry(R) Messenger, Yahoo!(R) IM, AIM(R), Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger(TM)
- Support for BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking & sharing, news & weather, and more
- BlackBerry(R) Internet Service allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server provides advanced security and IT administration features within IBM(R) Lotus(R) Domino(R), Microsoft(R) Exchange and Novell(R) GroupWise(R) environments
- Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery for 5 hours of talk time and 14 days of standby time
When will it be coming out? There is no launching date set at this time, but you can expect to see it during this SUMMER..
In the mean time, I’m looking forward to see Onyx – another coming BlackBerry model which is packed with all the nice features from Bold and Curve including 3G and WiFi too.
Now, it seems like it’s the time to release new singles for those American Idol’s alumni. These songs are currently in Top US 40 chart.
Chris Doughtry – No Surprise
Adam Lambert-Mad World
Kelly Clarkson-I Do Not Hook Up
I like them all except “Battlefield” song… I dont’ know… It’s just not growing on me.
Theme-park chain Six Flags announced Saturday that it was filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. 🙁 What a sad news!! I went to Six Flags in CA like many many years ago and I loved it. I remembered that there were a lot of long-ride roller coasters which were fun fun fun. I had a great time there. It was too sad that I’ve been there only once. I never really had a chance to Six Flags again even though they have it in New Orleans and Atlanta which are the city that I have visited the most.
However, the filing will not affect the operation of the company’s 20 parks in the United States, Mexico and Canada. So, I guess Six Flags company may struggle with financial problems and they are trying to survive from economic crisis situation. They cannot afford to lose the parks yet. Cool!
Finally, I found the ymost favorite theme so far. It’s called “MacLike.” All the icons are big and cute. The color and font size are perfect for me. It comes with Today and Message display on Home screen too. Take a look at my screen shots
Here is where I got from CrackBerry Forum
Do you like it?
No.. No.. I don’t HATE 2PM! 2PM started to release the next single called “I hate You.” I like this song too. Take a look at their performance!