Have you ever wondered how to create a typography graphic? It might take a good amount of time to create such a graphic in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. But, with Wordle you can create the typography graphic within a minute!! You have a full control of the words, colors, fonts, and layout. Ton of options are available! Please visit Wordle to create one online. Type, create, and print! Enjoy!
Thanks to Sylvia. I saw her Wordle on the twitter and I loved it!
Today Sylvia and Mary showed me their Paper.Li pages, and I liked how easy it is to publish the content. I also like the feel of newspapers on the screen. Paper.Li creates a paper by retrieving content from either your twitter and/or Facebook account. You can even filter the published content with keywords. The automatic publication feature is also awesome. You can set the time and frequency of your publication. Background is customizable, too!
I already started two Paper. One is “My Twitter Daily” and another is “Golffy Newsletter.” I will publish the newsletter weekly. The screenshots of my paper are below. If you are an active twitter user, you should try this Paper.Li!! Don’t forget to visit Sylvia’s and Marry’s papers!
I had to admit that I was hesitate a little in deciding if I wanted to change my Facebook interface. Then, I saw a lot of friends using and bragging about it. So, I decided to give it a try. Oh WOWWWW! I’m digesting it now LOL! Ton and ton of my facebook activities will be exposed!! I’m not sure if this is a good thing…
Like I said.. I’m digesting haha! Facebook timeline went all the way back to the date I signed up an account. Can you believe that? I mean.. you have to try it for yourself and then you will see what I mean. The process to change the interface isn’t bad at all. You can follow the instruction here.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Before going to bed, I like to read articles in a variety of contents, such as Food & Cooking, Fashion, Technology, Entertainment, E-Learning, Web Design, and Higher Education. I have been really enjoying the Zite app. I encourage iPad users to download and give it a try. It’s a free app, too!
Last night I read an article discussing principles for successful E-Learning. The authors listed 10 principles and provided brief but concise description for each principle. The principles are quite different from the principles I read from the E-Learning and the Science of Instruction book by Clark and Mayer (multimedia, spatial contiguity, temporal contiguity, coherence, modality, redundancy, individual differences, practice, learner control, and professionalization).
The authors of this article pointed out some interesting principles. Those principles are generic and focus more on the pedagogic principles. The principles were defined and proposed by Professors Anderson and McCormick. Ten principles of successful E-Learning are the following:
1. Match to the curriculum – all the activities, assignments, and content should be relevant to course objectives.
2. Inclusion – the pedagogy should be universal design (accessible to broader audiences)
3. Learner engagement – the pedagogy should motivate learners.
4. Innovative approaches – technological tools are implemented to support learning process.
5. Effective learning – the pedagogy should be designed to fit learners’ different learning styles.
6. Formative assessment – the pedagogy should provide formative assessments
7. Summative assessment – the summative assessments must be reliable and comprehensible to instructors, learners, and parents.
8. Coherence, consistency & transparency – the pedagogy must be internally coherent and consistent with the objectives.
9. Ease of use – E-Learning should be easy to use.
10. cost-effectiveness – technology solutions should be affordable and costs sustainable.
In my opinion, based on my experience I have to disagree some of the principles listed above. I’m not sure about the concept and benefit of the principle 6 and 7. Moreover, the principle 8 is redundant – it is similar to the principle 1. However, I do strongly agree with the principle 9 and 10. The E-Learning platform should be easy for learners to use. The platform should also be cost-effective.
In addition to those principle listed above and principles proposed by Clark and Mayer, I have my own principles that I used when designing and developing an E-Learning program. My personal principles for successful E-Learning are listed below:
1. Principle of perception – I always cautious about people’s perception. In E-Learning, a lot of time learners interact with a computer and monitor screen. Gestalt principles are often applied to my program interface design to reduce a risk of miscommunication. These principles also help me organize all the design elements and content displayed on the screen in the way that makes senses to the learners.
2. Principle of flexibility – This principle is similar to the principle of learner control, proposed by Clark and Mayer. Most of E-Learning programs are self-pace. It’s very important to design the program that allows learners to start and stop the instruction anytime they want. The E-learning program should provide the learners with a sense of user control and program flexibility. For example, a video or audio clip should have a progressing bar, so the learners can pause or rewind it when they need to.
3. Principle of visualization – This principle is not the same as the principle of perception which deals with content organization. The principle of visualization rather focuses on the look and feel of the program. The multimedia using in an E-Learning program should be clean, consistent, relevant, and high quality. The instructional designers should be cautious about the effects of using colors, graphics, symbols, tables, and other visual displays.
What do you think about my principles of E-Learning? Do you agree or disagree? If you have your own principles, please share!
You heard it right! IKEA Thailand webpage is up, and they are hiring now! The IKEA Thailand is located in Bangna area. Yeah… it’s very close to my house! I’m so excited!!
Complete the survey and you can win 150,000 Baht!!
Today I had my dissertation defense with the committee members. It was such a good experience presenting the summary of my own research study and sharing my knowledge and thoughts with others. I really appreciate all the support, guidance, and suggestion from my committee. I know this is not done yet, but it is good to know that I’m one step closer to the finish line.
I went a little over the top with my PowerPoint presentation. My research topic was about chart design, and I would like to make a statement by using the infographics to present the survey results. I was so happy with what I created.
Last night when I was looking for tips to prepare my dissertation defense, I found some interesting comics that made me smile. Take a look at them and let me know what you think!
มาแล้วๆๆ ริงโทน ไอโฟน ทำเสร็จร้อนๆเลยเนี่ย คราวนี้ใช้โปรแกรม RingtoneMaker เวอร์ชั่นฟรี! สามารถสร้างริงโทนยาวถึง 30 วินาที ปรับความยาวได้ เลือกตำแหน่งเพลงที่จะเอามาทำริงโทนได้ไม่ยาก ใช้งานง่ายมาก ทำเสร็จกดเซฟ จากนั้นก็เอาไอโฟนมาซิงค์กับ iTunes เลือกแทบ App ด้านล่างจะมี Share Folder อยู่ เราก็แค่ Save ริงโทนที่เราทำลงเครื่องคอม แค่นี้ก็เสร็จแล้ว
iPhone App: Ringtone Maker
ในตัวโปรแกรมเองก็มีวิธีทำ สอนให้ทำตามได้ไม่ยาก ลองไปเล่นดูกันนะครับ … เอาล่ะ วันนี้เอาเพลงโปรดของกอล์ฟ ที่ตอนนี้กำลังฟังอยู่บ่อยมาให้ลองโหลดกันไปฟัง
ขอย้ำว่า ริงโทนพวกนี้เอามาเผยแพร่ให้ฟังกันเล่นๆ อย่าเอาไปขายต่อ หรือเผยแพร่ที่อื่น ถ้าชอบเพลงก็อย่าลืมอุดหนุนศิลปินคนนั้นด้วย ไฟล์ที่เอามาให้โหลดเป็น .M4R ใช้ได้เฉพาะกับไอโฟนเท่านั้น วิธีโหลด ก็แค่คลิก Download หรือไม่ก็ คลิกขวา Save As
หน้าตาโปรแกรม Ringtone Maker
ก่อนโหลด มีให้ทดลองฟังเพลงนั้นๆด้วย ถ้าอยากได้เพลงไหน คอมเมนต์ขอกันมาดู ถ้าหามาได้ก็จะทำริงโทนให้ละกัน … หวังว่าคงจะชอบ ริงโทน ที่เลือกมาให้โหลดใช้กันนะครับ
2NE1 – I am the best: Download
OST. ละคร กลรักลวงใจ – เธอใช่ไหม: Download
อ๊อฟ ปองศักดิ์ – เจ็บแต่จบ: Download
2PM – I’m your man: Download
Super Junior – Mr. Simple: Download
The Knocks – Dancing with the DJ: Download
As you know, Adobe Flash was abandoned by Apple. Your iPhone and iPad will not be able to display anything that contains Flash. It has been debating whether it was Apple’s bad decision or Flash really sucks. Guess what? Microsoft’s declared that the tablet version of Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 will be a “plug-in free” browser. In another word, Flash get ditched for Microsoft’s upcoming mobile devices. This sounds like a confirmation to support Apple’s decision. Ouch!… Adobe might need to change their game plans to save Flash’s future.
You can read more information on LifeHacker
Since Skype for Mac had major update last month, it’s time to update your Skype again. This time Skype integrates Facebook features to its program interface. For Windows’ users, you will have the same updated features. You can manually update the Skype by visiting the download page.
Today I was a backup for the Sakai Part 1&2 workshop at the College of Business. Sakai is our new Learning Management System which is going to replace eCollege soon. We trained USA faculty how to access the eCampus, set up a project site in Sakai, manage site tools, import contents and resources from one project site to another, and activate the gradebook.
Tonka and Sylvia did a great job as usual. I just helped around and made sure the faculty complete all the assigned tasks. I also tried to remember what needed to be trained for the part 1 because I will have to teach next month. Part 1 is very important. The overall concepts and Sakai basic tools and settings were introduced to the faculty in this part.
So far our training approach has been working very well. We introduced the tools, let the faculty watched the tutorial videos, and asked them to complete the activity. They can use the given job aids or ask for any assistance during the hands-on activity.
After long hour workshop, we stopped by Cold Snap yogurt ice cream shop. It was OK, little pricey. But, I liked the concept of make-it-yourself ice cream. They offered a lot of toppings and they all looked yummy!