Whew.. I’m so glad that I have made the right decision for not buying Sony Playstation 3. The rumors have been floating around for the past few months about the PS3 price would cut down and the newer and slimer PS3 would be released soon.
Finally, the rumors have become true. Sony will release the new model of PS3 in September. The price for previous model of PS3 will be lowered by $100. The news also reported that Sony introduced the PS3 Slim Tuesday at the GamesCom conference in Germany. The new model, scheduled for release in the first week of September, has the same features as the older versions, but takes up 33% less space and consumes 34% less power, according to Sony. It’ll be out in the first week of September (September 1 in North America and Europe, September 3 for Japan), and will retail for $300 (or 300 Euro, or 29,980 Yen). It’s smaller and lighter, has a 120GB HDD, and packs “all the same features” of the regular PS3.
The Endgadget website provided the full spec below:
- Product name: PlayStation 3
- Product code: CECH-2000A (Charcoal Black)
- CPU: Cell Broadband Engine™
- GPU: RSX
- Audio output:LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC.
- Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
- Hard disk: 120GB 2.5″ Serial ATA
- USB 2.0 ports: 2
- Networking:Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), IEEE 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 (+EDR)
- Controller:Wireless Controller (Bluetooth) x 1
- AV outputs: HDMI x 1, AV MULTI OUT x 1, Digital out (optical) x 1
- Resolutions: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)
- BD / DVD / CD drive (read only): BD × 2 (BD-ROM), DVD × 8 (DVD-ROM), CD × 24 (CD-ROM)
- Power: AC 220 – 240, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Approx. 250W
- External dimensions (excluding maximum projecting part): Approx. 290 × 65 × 290 mm (width × height × length)
- Mass: Approx. 3.2kg
- Included in box: PlayStation 3 system × 1, Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 3) × 1, AC power cord × 1, AV cable × 1, USB cable × 1